Wednesday, September 30, 2009

thought - chromeo

sharing the same idea, and energy level as my man "eggshan" equally post my own old review!




Chromeo - Fancy Footwork - 11 Songs 39:59 runtime


Track 1 - Intro - Completely sets the mood for the cd, around the fourth or fifth time i went through it i found myself chanting along. Be excited for a couple of gems to follow

Track 2 - Tenderoni - Follows in suit in funky fashion style, electronic deliverance with some ghetto strings giving it it an instant classic feel. "Cause Your my Tenderoni!.. Cause your My Tenderoni"

Track 3 - Fancy Footwork - I feel myself get into the mood of the cd and finally start nodding my head. I went back to this track a bit i feel this is it were it takes off. Thriller'esque start, little back alley way battles with old 80 vocals. and a real spacey feel to it all.. i like it

track 4 - Bonafide Lovin' From start to finish a Gem! hands down best track on the album. Perfect delivery in the vocals to feel the mood of the funky guitar. and the strong one two in the hook!. Its on repeat! watch.. it'll be timeless.

track 5 - My Girl is calling me - I respect the formula, it fits def a shout to the talent on the keys and the classic ending with the conversation with the Vocoder! laff

Track 6 - Outta Sight - first thoughts, brings me instantly back to the late 80s' i hate shoulder pads.

track 7 - Opening Up - The hits keep comming this one takes the 2nd place spot on the cd in my vote. it hits and keeps the beat in different occassions grooving in my own!! Ya ya ya ya!! baby girl you got me loosing my cooooool!!!" a hidden break down at the end..!! nice

track 8 - Momma's Boy - A ballad of somesort. sensitive feel, good break..

track 9 - Call Me up - Clever hook, and a catchy title shout out.. With a vocoder anything is possible! haha on this track i realize they know how to breakdown, the cd transitions very well.

track 10 - Waiting 4 U - Sleeper Hit, a retro revival culmination of stocker status song. Clean delivery as with most the tracks!!!

track 11 - 100% - Is what they gave!! this cd was dope, each song just fit right.. original style in these times. The Sax really takes you out. and lets you down softly really.

Summary. Over all its amazing and a pleasure to hear. Some might not feel my enthusiasum about it, ill chalk it up to; they either didnt like the birth of electronic music, or dont dance very much. Ha, all in all its one of those i would actually buy, but on second thought ill just head to the venue next time they perform!!

but it!

try it!

i still rockout to this album once a week! In its entirety! first to last song, for me it dosent happen every often. the only other one i can think of, off hand would be the no doubt - tragic kingdom album!

either way.. enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

0ldsk00l