Wednesday, October 7, 2009

thought - 420.2 - Carl Sagan

carl sagan! is a person noteworthy for many of things. which now include, a random thought of my own! i urge those who appreciate the world of intellectuals to take a moment and read the wikis.
i recently stumbled upon a article regarding the award-winning 1980 classic television series cosmos: a personal voyage. with my hot date sensimillia. we gawked, laugh, cried, and were equally struck with sagan-like brilliance. finding ourselves on similar journies, riding the edge of our lifted state. and then we realized this guy had to be lifted and on our level.. right?

researching commenced and the results were paid in full after some googling and pandora'n. the excerpt below is from the 1969 personal account, that was used in the publication "marihuana reconsidered" (1971). where he wrote under the pen name of "mr.x" sagan was in his mid-thirties at that time and he continued to use cannabis for the rest of his life.

"the cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. the understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I'm down. This is one of many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse. "

i equally feel the same, and rest assured by most i know, can express a similar appreciation. and if luck would have it, the following short below will have you feeling just like "mr.x" and me, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

0ldsk00l